Students are expected to:
- Arrive in the classroom ON TIME, fully dressed, with hair out of face and ready to dance. If over 15 minutes late the child will be asked to “sit out” and watch their class.
- Attend all classes
- Show respect for instructor, assistants, substitutes and fellow students
- Proper attire must be worn to all classes, including appropriate hair style. Please refer to our Dress Code sheet and/or check with the Director or your teacher if you are unsure of specific dress code requirements for
- Students may not use electronic devices such as cell phones, mp3 players, tablets etc. while in class
- Students may not eat candy or chew gum while in class
- Payment with Checks (made out to Studio of Ballet Arts) and all major Credit Cards are accepted. Please notify the studio if you want to automatically charge your credit card the amount due of each payment date.
- $35 registration fee for new families.
- NO refunds or credit for missed classes. Make-up classes are available by notifying the studio.
- Three months at a time (trimester payments) or by the month (month – to- month).
- MONTHLY ACCOUNTS: Payment due on the first of the month (checks may be mailed or you can pay by credit card – by phone or online to ensure continued class participation).
- Account must be current for class participation.
- Missing payment may affect dancer participation, including being “sat out” of class or sent home.
- If payment is not received by the 10th of the month, a $25.00 late fee will be added to accounts overdue.
- Return Check Fee: $30.00
Holiday and Weather Policy:
The studio DOES NOT follow all MCPS closings at all times. No classes on the following dates:
- Thanksgiving Break: Wednesday, Nov. 22 through Saturday, Nov. 25 (classes resume Monday, Nov. 27)
- Winter Break: Monday, Dec. 25 through Monday, Jan. 1 (classes resume Tuesday, Jan. 2)
- Spring Break: Monday, March 26 through Saturday, March 31 (classes resume Monday, April 2)
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 28 (class resumes Tuesday, May 29)
Weather Emergency Policies:
- When MCPS are closed OR dismissed early, due to weather, NO classes will be held.
- Classes WILL be held when MCPS open late, due to weather.
Always check the web site and e-mails frequently for the latest happenings at the studio.